Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Registration Blues

It's that time again for school registration.

1) I can't believe this semester can possibly be over half-way over.
2) Uggggh! Let me explain.

Right now I am living out my exact "life dream." Ever since I can remember I was always going to be a teacher and I was always going to go to BYU. Always. I want to be a teacher. I am made to be a teacher. But what if I'm not? What if I'm made to be something different. Interior design is my passion. It gives me a chance to be creative and it makes me excited. I've always said, "Well, I'm going to be a teacher... but my dream job would be to be an Interior Designer." I just never thought it was logical, nor did I think I had what it took.

Well I just so happened to marry the single most amazing man in the world (I know, barf, right?) who wants me to just be happy. He wants me to follow my dreams and do what I love. And so do I. There is nothing I want more than to do exactly that.

One problem... BYU doesn't have an Interior Design program. Neither does UVU. SLCC looks like my only option but it is only for an Associate's Degree... great, I already have one of those. Sure, I could get two, but I've always thought that Associate's Degrees aren't enough, especially now days. I just don't think I could possibly stop everything I'm doing here and just jaunt off and get another Associate's. So here I sit almost dreading the classes I've got on my schedule wishing somehow somewhere had the degree for me.

I was telling Kevin the other day, I feel like I finally decided to follow my dreams and the door got slammed in my face. I'm so frustrated. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. They won't let me in the program because I'm a transfer student and the university has a credit cap. I know, the drama continues. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not finish the degree you are working on, and then go work on the interior design degree. Another associates on top of your bachelor's degree is fine, and it takes a while to build a client base so you will be glad you can get a teaching job in the meantime. Maybe more schooling opportunities will pop up by then too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetie! Do what you want to do...be happy! Of course you know my tried and true opinion, but if that is what makes you feel like you have to hold back and do something you don't want to....well, just don't do it just for me. I won't, and I never will, be disappointed in you. Whatever you decide, you will give it your all and you will be the best! So I don't worry...you know what I DO worry about and you know why...so if you know that part is taken care of, then go for it! It IS possible to do both, just like Audra said...it just takes a little creativity and you have tons of that...

    Love, Mom

    P.S. when we both get a break, we can do the book...that will take some of the pressure off and give us both some breathing room....you only live once and it is VERY important that you be happy while doing it! I love you so very, VERY much!!...and I am ALWAYS proud of the woman you are!

    ReplyDelete